Webinar: Changes to the Informed Consent Process
Informed Consent – The Good, the Questionable and Why It Is Critically Important During COVID-19
Join us on Friday, July 17 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. CST
As part of our Third Friday Webinar Series, we invite you to attend this complimentary webinar.
Do I really have to get a patient’s informed consent in writing, and if yes, can I have my staff get the patient to sign the form? During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is critical that your dental or oral surgery practice establishes an informed consent process that protects you, your practice and your reputation.
This presentation will focus on what informed consent is, the importance of the process for obtaining consent and the dentist’s non-delegable duty, along with benefits and limitations. We will review why you should consider using well-designed forms, chart consent conversations generally and document specific increased risks evidenced by imaging, examination etc.
You will learn:
- The key elements of informed consent and informed refusal
- How consent forms play out in malpractice litigation along with a dentists’ non-delegable duty
- The limitations of informed consent when plaintiffs prove negligence
- How to incorporate the informed consent process into your practice
- Approved for 1.0 Fundamental + Core (record-keeping) CE credit
- Richard L. Small, JD | President | Richard Small Agency
Richard Small, JD, is a nationally recognized speaker on risk management in the dental practice environment. Mr. Small practices law in Michigan and spent the first 20 years of his law practice defending dentists in court in Michigan and other states. He is an insurance agent for OMSNIC and Fortress.
- Nels Dyste | Vice President | Dyste Williams
Nels Dyste specializes in serving the business insurance needs of dentists and private outpatient healthcare practices. He has presented at University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, the Minnesota Optometric Association and at advisor-sponsored educational events.
- Webinar: Bringing Down the House - protect yourself from pandemic-related home exposures
- Webinar: Strengthening the Patient Referral Process - Serving your patients' best interests
- Impact of a Hardening Market and a Pandemic
- On Demand Webinar: License to Drive (me crazy!)
- On Demand Webinar: Disability in Dentistry - How to Prepare, Manage and Survive