Webinar: Teledentistry – Navigating the Benefits and Risks of Technology in Today’s New Normal
Join us on Friday, September 18 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Central Time
Teledentistry can play a key role in helping you connect to your patients and associates through remote, virtual consultations and secure communications. Before you move forward, are you prepared to manage the risks associated with this technology? In this session, Richard Small of Dyste Williams will help introduce you to evolving concepts of teledentistry, the benefits and risks of this technology and current challenges caused by laws and regulations.
In this complimentary webinar, you will learn:
- How to identify certain teledentistry issues like evolving billing protocols, scope and consent forms
- The importance of state laws and regulations and how they may differ.
- Staff supervision, documentation and malpractice coverage when using teledentistry
- Licensing considerations when interpreting images and pathology across state lines
- Risks associated with using virtual communications associated with new technology like tooth alignment systems.
*1.0 CE Credit available for Fundamental + Core (Patient Communications)PDFVIEW INVITATION
About the Presenter
Richard Small, JD, Risk Management Consultant | Dental & OMS Practice | Dyste Williams
Mr. Small is a nationally recognized speaker on risk management in the dental practice environment. Mr. Small practices law in Michigan and spent the first 20 years of his law practice defending dentists in court in Michigan and other states. He is an insurance agent for OMSNIC and Fortress.