Webinar: Strengthening the Patient Referral Process – Serving your patients’ best interests
Join us on Wednesday, December 9 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Central Time
How does your patient referral process develop trust, support patient retention and increase case acceptance for elective procedures? Your practice’s success relies on an effective referral process. The health of your practice and patients is enhanced by identifying and avoiding common risks. This program emphasizes the importance of clearly stating what the referring dentist requests and expects, ensuring all treaters and the patient are on the same page, and when it is advisable to follow-up to protect your patient’s best interests.
In this complimentary webinar, you will learn:
- Role of GP/referring DDS, specialists and best practices for your referral process
- Referral goals and process components
- How to identify patients who should be followed more closely and how to manage non-compliance
- Decision making: when to treat or refer to a specialist and when to consider withdrawing when you cannot serve the patient’s best interests
- Informed refusal: documenting when patients refuse recommended care and acknowledge risks and consequences of their decision
*1.0 CE Credit available for Fundamental + Core (Patient Communications)Register Here PDFVIEW INVITATION
About the Presenters
Richard Small, JD, Risk Management Consultant | Dental & OMS Practice | Dyste Williams
Richard Small, J.D., is a nationally recognized speaker on risk management in the dental practice environment. Mr. Small practices law in Michigan and spent the first 20 years of his law practice defending dentists in court in Michigan and other states.
Nels Dyste, Insurance Advisor | Dental & OMS Practice | Dyste Williams
Nels Dyste specializes in serving the business insurance needs of dentists and private outpatient healthcare practices. He has presented at the Minnesota Dental Association, the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, the Minnesota Optometric Association and various advisor-sponsored educational events.
LEAVE A COMMENT