Reducing Dental Practice Risk Course | MDA 2022 Star of the North Meeting
Richard Small, JD, will be presenting the Fortress course Reducing Dental Practice Risk at the Minnesota Dental Association Star of the North Meeting on Friday, April 29, 2022. Attendees will earn 3 CE credits; Fortress policyholders will also earn a 10% premium credit on their next three policy periods.
Through an analysis of closed Fortress malpractice claims, this course will provide strategies and resources to improve patient safety and to reduce risk in the dental practice. Closed claim topics include esthetic restorations, wisdom tooth extractions, oral cancer, endodontic treatment and, implants. Patient safety topics include documentation, communication, informed consent, technology, patient selection, referrals, prescription practices, patient noncompliance, and ethics.
- Identify common dental malpractice risks.
- Understand how to adapt office policies and procedures to mitigate exposure to identified risks in the dental practice.
- Implement strategies with your professional team and referral network to encourage patient safety and reduce risk.
The MDA will issue the CE credits for this course. Attendees are required to register thru the Star of the North system.
Mr. Small practices law in Michigan. He became an insurance agent for Fortress and OMSNIC in 2000, merging his insurance agency with Dyste Williams in 2020. He is currently the Executive Director and General Counsel for the Michigan Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and the Great Lakes Society of Oral Surgeons.
- Insurance Premiums Are Rising - Here's What You Need To Know
- Reducing Dental Practice Risk Course | MDA 2022 Star of the North Meeting
- Non-Compliant Patients: Deciding to Treat or Withdraw from Care
- Money Matters (Part 2) Hidden Costs and Savings in Homeowners Insurance
- On Demand Webinar: Employee Benefits on a Budget