Beth has been in the insurance industry for over 30 years, as an underwriter, as a broker and as an agent.
In 1998 Beth founded First Choice Insurance Services, a property and casualty agency which she grew and ultimately merged into Dyste Williams Agency in January of 2015. The foundation of the agency was built on honesty and integrity with a commitment to exceptional service to our companies and clients. She enjoys music, reading, cooking and baking, gardening, traveling, her cabin “up north” and working really hard.
Beth has earned several industry awards including:
- Young Agent of the Year in 1993 by the Independent Insurance Agents Association of Minnesota
- Wise Businesswoman Award in 2008 by the National Association of Woman Business Owners
- The Twin Cities Five Star Business Insurance and Benefits Professional Award in 2011 and 2012 by Twin Cities Business Magazine. This award is given by clients and peers in the industry.
Beth is very involved in her community and industry. Some of her past volunteer efforts include:
- Multiple leadership and support roles within her church
- Past President for the North Metro National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- A regular member of Business Networking International (BNI) and Metro Business Alliance
- A member of the North Hennepin Area Chamber of Commerce and the Anoka Area Chamber of Commerce
- A member of the Board of Directors for an area clinic
Beth earned and has held the Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) designation since 1990 and attends nearly 40 hours of continuing education each year. She currently teaches continuing education for the NAIFA, SCORE, and Certified Insurance Service Representatives. Currently Beth serves as a Trustee for NAIFA.